Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

About Me

My name is Daniel Schank and I am a certified Master Racquet Technician (July 2012) with the United States Racquet Service Association (USRSA). I have been stringing racquets for several years and have learned the art of stringing and customization. There were several reasons I started to string my own racquets. The first and most important reason is because nobody could tell me what string would benefit my game. Sure they had recommendations, but they didn't take the time to get to know me or my game. The second reason was time. It would drive me crazy that I had to wait days to get my racquet restrung. Sometimes as long as a week, and I never got a call when it was done, nor was it always done when I was told it would be. The third reason was cost. I knew I could save some money by doing it myself.

Once I started stringing my own racquets, I decided to experiment with strings and see how they played. The more I started to experiment, the more I realized every string felt different but some played similarly. Some sounded the same while others sounded drastically different. Gauges made a difference in how a string played and ironically, strings played differently in different racquets. Since string is a subjective topic, the opinions and reviews of string are solely based on my thoughts and personal experience playtesting the string.

I hope my reviews will arm you with enough information to decide whether or not a particular brand  and model of string is worth a playtest. If you would like me to help you find the right string for your game, then simply leave me a comment below or email me at stringrx@gmail.com. Please tell me your playing style, what string you currently use, your likes and dislikes of your current string and what you are looking for in a string (more comfort, more power, more durability, less comfort, less power, etc) Once you send me that information, I have access to a string database that can tell me strings that would fit what you are looking for. Furthermore, if I can narrow it down to strings that I have personal experience with, I can give you my opinion on the string as well.

My intention will be to provide technical information about the string, links to other sources that may provide valuable information on this string and on some occasions, videos of this string in action.

My goal is to provide you with a one stop shop to find all the information I can about each string that I review. I hope you find this information valuable.

Warmest Regards,

Daniel Schank
President, String Rx LLC
USRSA MRT




1 comment:

  1. Having a fast, reliable, affordable stringing expert in my life has saved my tennis game completely! I had tried numerous racquets, braces, therapies, etc., and tennis elbow and tennis wrist were holding me back. Dan suggested an older non-top-five racquet brand and lightest possible gauge strings to help and help they have. I am able to play without tape and braces without pain for the first time in about 18 months. Of course, light gauge strings do break more frequently but Dan keeps a good supply of my favorite string in inventory and gives me a frequent flier discount!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to be entered to win a free set of string, please provide your name in the comment so I can properly enter you for the drawing.